Sunday, November 8, 2009

In Rememberance part 2

Chester worked for Alliance College and the Bartlett Apartments until he became employed by his late friend Bob Stine,at Modern Radio. He became well known locally as a knowledgeable and honest electrician and television repairman. As part of his employment he helped develop and start the area's first cable television company.

Chester continued to work for Modern Radio after the death of Mr.Stine and remained with them until his retirement. After retirement as a hobby, he continued to repair televisions and other electronics, the business closed in 1999.

Chester loved to share his life experiences with his friends.His recollection of his life during WWII was filled with intimate details of how people were treated. He loved life's simple pleasures time spent with family and friends, and picnics with his mother.

He also enjoyed time spent with his niece as she was growing up, trolleys,train rides and even a beautiful view. He liked to recall his earl days in Cambridge Springs and how the town was busy with tourists and businesses.

He loved animals,especially cats. He kept company with many cats in his lifetime and treated each one with the same love and care that a person would treat a child.

He had many houseplants and prided himself with his large quantity of Christmas Cactus that bloomed often.

He liked to watch wrestling,old movies,and old sitcoms on the tv. He watched the weather and news constantly to keep up with world events. he had a wonderful sense of humor and enjoyed making people laugh as much as he liked to laugh himself.

He was proceeded in death by his older brother who died at a young age from a head injury, his father and mother, a sister and brother in law Lucyna and Leon Rymaszwski. He is survived by his niece- Izabela and her husband of Texas. his great niece and her children his great nephew and God son. He is also survived by his long time friend Wanda of Cambridge Springs his friends Debbie and Kc and their daughter Becky of Edinboro. and his neighbors me and Mike and our children.

I know he loved cats cause he spent more on cat food then he did on his groceries. Thank you for letting me share this.

2 comments:

  1. A nice memory, Bobbie. I'm glad you wrote it.

    Sorry I haven't been commenting, but something is up with blogger. It has not been notifying me of your posts! I see that I'm still in your side bar, and you are still on my reading list, so I don't know what's up. I'll be working on it and will make a point of clicking over to check, not waiting for the notification!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blogger can be evil some days. I like the comments but some posts are just me venting and it is hard for people to comment because you dont know what to say. I am not letting my mom hold me hostage she is a big girl and I am so done holding her hand. Chester was a great guy and the world is a little sadder without him I am glad I wrote it too.

    ReplyDelete