Wednesday, January 13, 2010

mental health services suck big donkey toes

Grrrrrrrr I spent most of the morning on the phone trying to convince the intake manager that my daughter does NOT have behavioral problems and she is having some anxiety issues but nothing else. This process is causing me anxiety and stress and I am going to have behavioral problems.

The case manager for this therapist wants the school involved I say no because that is her safety zone where she gets to be a kid and hang out with other kids. I will talk to her councilor at school and see what she recommends.

There is so much to do before she even gets in she has to have an interview and testing I think would have been easier just do the medication but the medication is not what is right parenting is never easy. But mental health should be much easier to access.

2 comments:

  1. The mental health system is never uncomplicated. Of all systems that should be easy to navigate, that is the one, and yet .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that I was right there is no need for therapy at school. I am going to try a different drs group
    and just pay the co payments I dont want her drugged or labeled a behavioral problem child

    ReplyDelete