Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kity update and where I dont understand the media

Oreo and her two sisters are fine. Oreo is doing much better this morning the vet gave her a shot of antibiotics and I will continue to give her the pink stuff and count my fingers. My checkbook is fine also cause they didnt charge me anything for today. But after spending 500 dollars I am still looking for a thank you card in the mail.

On to my next subject and I dont want any negative hateful comments from all that disagree with me.

This morning I was flipping through the local channel feeds (one from the west for example L.A and one from new york) and I was on a local fox channel from new york and across the bottom there was a headline that caught my attention then it made me angry.

The first gay lesbian couple to be married in Massachutes have decided that they no longer want to be married to each other and will receive the first same sex divorce. It went on to say they will share custody of their throughly confused 12 year old daughter.

I have a lot of issues with Prop 8 in California but that is another post for another day. What made me angry here was the medias attention to the daughter. I would like to think any 12 year old would be confused why her parents are divorcing. I know my daughter would be. I think its irresponsible for the media to put a spin on this.

Everyone should have the right to marry and as I commented on another blog if everyone is concerned about marriage then make divorces illegal and dont use confused children as a reason that same sex couples should not marry that is just stupid.

I could go on about how unfair this is but then it would be a very long post and that wouldnt be good. This is my opinion and you have a right to disagree but no hateful or negative comments. Have a good day all

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear Oreo is going to be OK.

    I won't comment on the other, NOT because I disagree or plan to be rude, but because you said it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lyn I made a mistake I dont care if people disagree with me I just dont want the hateful comments anyone can disagree just do it tactfully

    ReplyDelete