Thursday, February 26, 2009

An update (sort of) on the MRI

Trying a new color. The physicians assistant called me this morning (its never a good sign when they call before your appt) and said Mrs. Rice you really injured the middle of the foot plus the toe. Good news and bad news

If you behave and stay off the foot no surgery. Bad news we want you in a cast tomorrow. Please dont cancel your appt. I asked if it could be a walking cast he said no he said I am not to put any weight on the foot at all. I am so not sure how I am going to pull this off. I was thinking about baths and or showers and I thought I could just put my foot out the bathtub but its the wrong foot. I will be doing my best to behave. More details tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Bobbie, ask about a shower sleeve. My hub had one and it helped a whole lot. It looks (forgive this description) like a rubber condom big enough for a horse, and you put it over the cast while you shower. It fits pretty tight at the top. Then you just wash around the cast area with a washcloth after the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Thank you Lyn for the info. I will definatly ask about that. I didnt want to give up my showers

    ReplyDelete