Saturday, January 17, 2009

Beauty hurts

That was the quote in my house this morning as my daughter was brushing her teeth. Why you ask would a 12 year old say that let me explain nursing and no binki or thumbsucking has given her a very crowded mouth and a major overbite.

The dentist said take her to an orthadonist. We went to the orthandonist and he had this look on his face that he could finally afford that long awaited sailboat. 5 pulled teeth later she is sporting 4000 dollars (yes that reads four thousand) dollars worth of metal in her mouth. Thank God for insurance. My most mumbled phrase in this house to her is brush your teeth we are so dedicated to her taking care of the teeth we bought her a 100 dollar toothbrush.

People look at me like I have lost what little sanity I had and ask why would we buy a child a toothbrush like that I say cause there is 4000 dollars of metal in her mouth. She broke a wire this morning the orthadonist said he will fix it Monday.

So my question what have yall done to look pretty.


(before anyone comments that I am torturing her for looks this medically needed done also)

No comments:

Post a Comment