Thursday, January 8, 2009

School and Marvin

Yaaaaaay there was school today but we have 8 inches of snow on the ground stupid evil lake with another 10 inches promised by Sunday. I am going to get out and take some pictures the pine trees in our yard are so pretty.

Marvin our stray female that gave us all of our lovely kittens is going to a no kill animal shelter tomorrow in hopes they can find her a one cat home. My older male is having serious litter problems everytime he comes down from a high place she attacks him. She attacks Henry she is very mean to the kittens and chases them from the food and litter box. As much as I love her and she is such a lap cat our house isnt the ideal house for her.

I have always wanted to rescue cats maybe I was a cat in a former life who knows. I have realized that we cant provide an ideal enviroment for every cat, and its better to give Marvin a chance at a happy home and take the needs of the cats we are taking care of a happy home too.

She was owned before she is litter trained and doesnt mind dogs although they have been at the receiving end of her bad temper also. Some one didnt spay her and she got knocked up and then they dumped her. They should be banned from owning pets I know I know a little harsh.

The kittens this month will be going to the vets for rabies shots and spayed and or neutred depending on their sex 1 male 3 femals. Yaay us that is going to be a nice bill but its the responsible thing to do. Our two older male cats are declawed and neutred. Pepper and Bufford are spayed and neutred.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me wonder if she wasn't abused in her previous home. Poor girl. I hope a home is found for her. It's hard, I know.

    ReplyDelete