Monday, January 26, 2009

Quiet

Today is the first day that the kids have actually stayed at school all day. They came home at 10:30 friday morning cause of a water main break. My kids are pretty good but one can only take so much bickering about the wii or what one wants to watch on the big tv.

One thing I have noticed a certain little girl that lives in this house believes she is a princess and princesses are above doing chores she loves to protest tonight as I asked her to do something she gave me attitude I told her in no uncertain terms that she will get over the attitude or she can be grounded indefinatly. I loved her attitude at one time she was born a fighter which was a good thing cause for a while she was really sick and it was touch and go.

The boy who will be 15 on wends has an attitude all of his own. I told him tonight he can loose it or not live to see 15. He reminded murder is illegal I told him that all I have to do is find a jury of 15 year old mothers I will be found innocent and given a medal.

As I was talking to Mike tonight I said I would rather deal with the terrible twos then teenage attitudes.

I know it will get better and we are not dealing with drugs and alochol. There grades are impressive the above mentioned princess has made honor roll again. For that I am thankful for but I could do without the back talk but I guess you cant have it all.

2 comments:

  1. Two year olds can be picked up, tucked under an arm or carried to their room. 12 and 15 yo .... not so much! Yes, it is much harder. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lyn I think I will wait and color the grey hair once they leave the nest

    ReplyDelete