Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Day out

My brother Ken had his hip replaced he is 36 years old he tripped when he was 13 popped it out had pins put in was to be taken out in 6 months to a year.

That never happened so fast foward to April 27th when they replaced his hip he had so much arthritis and growth on the bone what should have taken an hour took 3 hours.

So we my brother my mom and a family friend went up to Erie to see Ken he is doing okay has to have blood transfusions and is in a lot of pain but otherwise is okay. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday he will be moved to health south which is a rehab hosptial my mom is not happy about that but I think its the best he will get his physcial therapy and wont have to navigate around my moms small house.

I am sore and tired but it was nice to see him.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you ventured out to see him. I suspect it was good for him to see you and for you to get out of the house. I'm sending you both my best wishes for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice day and it was nice to see all the flowers in peoples yards coming up and green on the trees and it was nice to see Ken

    ReplyDelete