Monday, April 27, 2009

Scary moment

I spent the early morning hours in the er with J doing a breathing treatment and checking his pulse ox and taking blood there is nothing scarier then watching a child although a 15 year old not be able to breath.

With S its not so scary she knows what to do and where her inhaler is I do get concerned when the albuterol doesnt work. But J I didnt know what to do so we took him to the er and as I am typing this I realized we should have called an ambulance.

Saturday at the structure fire he was ill twice which meant taking off his equipment which resulted in smoke inhaliation not a bad case but enough to had about 20 grey hairs to my head. We got home about 2 in the morning I didnt sleep all that well cause I was worried about J.

The fire dept is good for J, J is good for the fire dept but I worry about his safety I also am smart enough to let him grow without smothering him. But some days its a fine walk to walk. He is on an antibotic and should restrain from smokey situations for a week or so. I pray and cross my fingers that there will be no calls for that week, I dont know that I have the discipline to say no J you cant go.

That is all I have for now

2 comments:

  1. If a call comes, remind him that if he gets serious damage now, he won't be able to do it as a career. Even the professional FFs know to take off the job when they need to so that the long term capability is still there for them.

    And . . . . . .

    H.A.P.P.Y............B.I.R.T.H.D.A.Y ! ! ! ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes, His dad and I sat down with him and told him for one week he will not be answering calls and he seemed to be okay with that.

    ReplyDelete