Thursday, April 23, 2009

Friends and what they say

My friend called today and we were talking and my callwaiting beeped usually I dont answer it but I looked and it was the pharmacy I said excuse me one minute the pharmacy is on the other line. I took the call and came back to my friend and she asked if there was a problem.

I explained that the pharmicist was calling to ask if I could wait till tomorrow for 30 vicodin. She said oh your still taking that are you cant you just deal with tylenol or motrin you do know that vicadin is addictive and you have family problems with addiction. I am sure she meant well but it kind of bugged me.

First I am well aware of family issues with drugs Second I only take one vicadin a day I have set that boundry for myself if I need more then I try motrin or something else first then resort to the vicadin I have the same worries first my friend told me though that yes you can become addicted to pain meds but think of it this way if you take them the way they are suppose to be taken is it a problem yes you are dependant but not addicted.

I try not to judge people at all especially people who take pain medication I dont live in their bodies I dont know the pain. I do know that certain people in my family take more then they are suppose to all the time while not doing the excercises and stuff.

A couple updates.

First it feels wonderful without the cast although I picked up my compression stockings and with my birthday monday it kind of made me feel old lol.

Second the officer I blogged about received 10 days unpayed suspension. He has to complete sensitivity and alochol training. And then will be reevulated for duty. The Internal affairs officer will be reassigned. A little to making amends to the family that he hurt.

2 comments:

  1. I'm often surprised at how often people speak without thinking. I'm sure I have, too, at times, but I try to watch it. Now, if it were 6 months from now, your friend should worry, but not now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that problem too but I try to watch it also I know that it wont be a problem 6 months from now.

    ReplyDelete