Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rainy day and a Poem

I was able to get out and weed the bleeding heart before the rain started it has been raining and thundering almost all afternoon and some places has started to flood on the scanner they said we have received almost 3 inches with more coming. As I was putting some papers away I found the insert the funeral home prints about your loved one and I thought I would share the poem that was on moms it has helped a little.

Miss Me- But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom filled room
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little - but not too
long
and not with your head bowed low,
Remember the love that we onced shared
Miss me -but let me go
For this journey that we all must take
and each must go alone,
It's all part of the masters plan
a step on the road home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart
go to friends we know,
and bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss me- but let me go

The auther is unknown but is such a good poem

2 comments:

  1. That is a very cool poem. I have instructed my kids to do only what they need to do for themselves. Once that is done, I want them to go someplace relaxing, fun. They should get some good food, open a bottle, kick back and begin telling the funny, the silly, the sentimental, whatever makes them laugh and remember me with a smile. I know we can't help but miss the one who is gone, but I hope my family can do it with the comfort of knowing I'm at peace and remembering what I did to make them laugh. That would be the greatest tribute to me, not some stodgy funeral service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyn that is what Mike wants to he is not a religious person so doesnt want someone to speak over him with something he doesnt believe in. He wants cremated and us to have a kick ass party in his honor. I am not sure what I want the only thing I am sure of is I would like to be entombed. I think I would like to have someone do a good deed or clean up a park or something instead of a funeral.

    ReplyDelete