Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend activities

Here is a recount of the holiday weekend.

Sunday we headed to Mikes brothers house for a cookout and games lots of food and good company not to much family drama except we all missed mom but everyone had a good time and the food was so yummy. We didnt get home till almost 1 a.m which is kind of late for us no one wanted to stop talking.

Monday we headed over to my bestests friend in the whole wide world we have been friends since the 5th grade I spent a summer in Florida with her when I was 14 it was so fun. She is my therapist I can tell her anything and it stays with her and she tells it like it is. Great food again and they had the pool open ( a little chilly for the adults but kids had a ball). Tonja (her name) lost her first husband to a auto accident involving drunk driving in 1997 she was left to raise 3 young kids on her own and she has done an amazing job. While she was washing dishes she asked how I was doing with loosing Mom and I told her that its hard and I find tears sneaking up on me all the time. She put her arms around me and gave me a hug and said something that made me stop and think.

Be thankful you had that person in your life remember her let the tears flow that means you loved her and she returned that love and there is nothing in the world that beats that kind of love. She is right so I wont beat myself up about crying and I will let the tears come till there are no more tears.

I hope everyone had a great weekend

2 comments:

  1. Those were beautiful words. Treasure the words, the person who spoke them, and the memory of the person who has gone across. All are wonderful. All are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so very true I am very greatful that she is my friend and she is so wise.

    ReplyDelete