Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We are..............

The numbness is going away I am realizing this is not a bad dream she is really gone. But I so wish it was a bad dream. She will be missed she never treated me like a daughter in law but as a daughter.

She told me if it didnt work out with Mike I could come live with them and Mike could fend for himself. I was closer to her then my own mother.

I am torn I am glad the funeral is done with but I cant handle the idea of not ever seeing her again till I get to heaven. Her funeral was wonderful a packed house. Mikes shop sent a huge basket of flowers and his human resource manager apologized for not making it to the funeral home.

My mom did make an apperance which made me feel a tad bit better. Mikes grandma and one aunt snubbed dad and the boys but that is their problem we followed Moms wishes for that we have no regrets.

Tomorrow the kids are going back to school for being out almost 2 weeks. I am glad they got the time to say goodbye to their grammy. I want to thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Please continue praying that our hearts heal and some of the sadness goes away. Life will get back to normal in the next weeks and months.

One more statement that surprised me. I missed the loveseat my foot is swollen and not ready for weightbearing and I may just be in trouble but I would do it all over again to have the time to spend with her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that is over. I know how hard it is, but now you can begin to put life back together. It isn't easy for fast, but just remember that she is never going to hurt again.

    Another thing .... you may not agree, but I believe that our loved ones are still with us in spirit. She is watching over you, and when you talk to her, she will hear. If you find that comforting, good. If not, that's fine, too. Find peace.

    Now get on the loveseat and put the foot up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad its over to Lyn that thought of her not hurting keeps me sane right now. I do agree that she is watching over us I know cause my brother always smokes in the house to annoy me. I have been on the loveseat with the foot up most of the night. Again thank you for the kind words

    ReplyDelete