Saturday, May 16, 2009

What to say

I know its hard to say anything to comfort a person who has lost a loved love my general response is I dont know what to say but your in my thoughts and prayers.

I was talking with a person last night and I think this is one of the terriblest things to say.

"Well yall removed her from life support yeah she was going to die so quit crying and face up to it".

Wow thank you for the support yes we knew she was going to go does that make it any easier no it doesnt. I dont think it would be easier if she would have been sick for years. But when Grandma Rice died in late Oct it was different she was 94 and everyone said what a great life she led or it was her time.

But no one is saying that about Mom is it cause she was only 64 and way to young or is it cause she got so sick so fast. Personally I dont buy the so sick so fast theory.

What about people her age that have had fatal heart attacks or a car accidents? Or maybe it shouldnt be different as they were both loved and are missed.

I also think that people (although are not saying it) think that we wanted her to die because the decision to remove life support was made. I think we made the right decision in that respect and would support Mike and his dad and brothers all over again.

Then there is the decision of the autopsy that they chose not to do I was telling Mike last night I think its easier not knowing for sure if she had a stroke or not. That way the decision of removing life support was the right call and even with time she would have not gotten better. Her body was starting to heal from the panacritis she just wasnt there everything her body did was reflex.

Thank you for listening to me ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment