Wednesday, August 26, 2009

An day of driving and an answer to a question

I drove a lot today as soon as I can get the parallel parking down I will be ready to take my road test and be an unchaparoned driver I cant wait. I drove to several spots to do errands in the next town over and I did great I didn't make my sister in law nervous I drove on a busy road and through major construction did fine through the construction and kept up with traffic yaaaaaay some of this involved backing out of parking spaces and I even put gas in the car.

Okay my friend Lynilu at Never Ending Journey posted a question and I thought I would submit my answer here as its long. She asked if we were to pick a new place and career where and what would it be?

As some of you know I was born with a birth defect and its called Muscular Dystrophy. I have always wanted to be a social worker but it just wasnt in the cards as they say. I have always wanted to trade places with a "normal" person for one day. Then I got to thinking about it I have learned some lessons and have taught lessons to living with this blessing as I call it.

I have taught my children to be compassionate

which is something that I would not give up.

I learned that adults are not perfect and will try to change what they cant control (havent decided if this is good or bad).

I learned that gym class can suck major donkey toes till you find the right teacher that takes the time to teach me a different way and (actually passed gym 10,11,12 grade yaaaaay)

But I have taught others to be patient and understanding and its okay for little

kids to ask me why I walk slow or funny that is how they learn.

I dont have a problem promoting Jerrys kids or the MDA and think a lot of people should support there local Mda some equipment is expensive and especially kids need all the support and help living with this.

I learned that I dont have to have my house perfectly cleaned and if I am hurting its okay to sleep most of the day or tell Mike sorry love your cooking tonight. So in essence I learned its okay to take of myself without feeling guilty.

I have learned the Muscle Gods are fickle and easily ticked off.

So I may not be what I wanted to be but I wouldnt trade it for anything and normal somedays is overrated. Would I choose this path again if I could choose who knows I have learned and taught some very important lessons so that has to count for something. Do I have bad days yes but the good days out number the bad days and I am enjoying life (next year best be a little more enjoyable lol) So it sneaks in my head sometimes that I would trade it all in a heartbeat but I dont say that everyday and dont think about it everyday.

I hope this makes sense.

3 comments:

  1. What a great answer! You've made of your life what we all should strive for .... taking what you have a finding the way to maximize it. You should be proud of your accomplishments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lynilu that means a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!!! Even though sometimes your life can be very tough and frustrating, you really try to make the best out of every situation. You should be very proud of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete