Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I swear I have the most stupidest insurance company in the world

On July 30th when I became a somewhat licensed driver in pa (meaning I can drive with a licensed driver) I called our insurance company and asked them to add me to Mikes policy and we upped from liability to comprehensive and collision just in case someone had an accident we should have had it anyways.

They told me congratulations and happy driving and that they would order my drivers history just to make sure there was nothing on there. I told them there would be nothing on there cause I had never driven but I understand that they cant take my word for it. So as y'all know I drove happily.

Then they called and said Mrs.Rice your coming back as invalid and we would like to order another one but continue to drive cause your covered. Three days later they called back to verify numbers and I assured them that my permit is valid and my numbers on my state I.D and the permit numbers match so it was not a mistake on the dmv's part.

That's where it starts to get interesting they told me that I could have coverage but they would have to charge me 35 dollars more for an invalid drivers license charge I said wait a minute your not allowed to drive on an invalid drivers license so why would you have a fee for it and she couldn't answer so I haven't been doing much driving.

So today I called the dmv and they assured me I was valid and he would fax something to the insurance company stating this. I said fine he did and the stupid insurance company calls me and tells me maam your allowed to drive its just that we require you to have your drivers license in 30 days so by Aug 30 th I would have to have it or be dropped.

So I called them all angry and doing my most zen and polite voice I said you guys told me that if I drive Mikes car then its not covered so I haven't been driving. I kind of demanded an extension and she said let me talk to my supervisor and they extended so I am allowed to drive again and I will have my license by the middle of Sept.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm picture me in a mediation state all zen like.

No comments:

Post a Comment