Thursday, August 20, 2009

Medicine

I have been feeling really bad lately not in pain just bad crying and all that. Maybe that's why I haven't blogged about it I did mention that I was going to see my doctor about a counseling well I did and not a minute too soon yesterday and today have been awful tears over a toilet paper commercial is getting silly.

On my way to the drs office the tears started over a song that I love its an old song by Diamond Rio called in a week or two I am going to try to post the lyrics later anyways I told him about the tears and he said its time to start some anti depressives so after I answered some questions and asked some questions he is prescribing Paxil. I hope and pray this works and in 2 weeks after I have been on the paxil he will recommend a therapist.

I am so against taking medicine without trying other things I remember that everyone wanted me to start J on ADHD meds and I said no not till we try this and that and finally after we tried and the school tried we said okay maybe its time for medicine

This is hard to admit but I have thought about taking a whole bottle of medicine and that scares me I was telling my friend and my sister in law this and they said its normal its scary when you walk out in the kitchen to get the bottle. I dont like feeling like this I dont like the kids seeing me like this so its time to change and if the medicine will do this then I say bring it on.

He did say with all that has happened this year he would be depressed also which made me feel a tad better.

He also said that with the unemployment so high he has seen a lot of people for depression.

So we shall see

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you giving it a try, and I'm glad the doc is referring counseling, too. IMO, it takes both to set things right. Counseling will help you have more control over your life, but sometimes, it takes meds to make the counseling work. Good luck, Bobbie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works and am willing to give it a try. Mom isnt coming back time to admit that fact so maybe this is the next best thing. Till I can handle the fact that mom isnt coming back

    ReplyDelete