Saturday, August 8, 2009

The past

This morning I found myself in a Walmart in a city that I lived and went to school(
a little history )after my mom told me I couldn't live at home anymore and when she told me this lovely news I was dating a guy who had two little children and was going through a divorce not the best decision now that I look back on it but I say you have to experience the bad love to appreciate the good love.

Well this guy and I were engaged but i wasn't sure about that decision so I kept delaying and then one night he smacked me it wasn't hard but it was enough to open my eyes and I called the engagement off and broke up with him. Although my heart hurt I knew this was the best. One of my biggest pet peeves is domestic violence.

This morning as I said in the beginning I found myself in Walmart getting supplies for our family reunion in my little cart I heard a voice that said hello stranger and I knew without looking who it was. He said long time no see I said yep almost 14 years of long time no see. He asked how many children I had and if I was still married ( did I mention my wedding ring set is unwearable at the moment) I answered 2 and yes still married to the same guy he asked how long I said 17 years. He asked did Mike treat me well and I said yes he did.

I asked about him and he said that he has a girlfriend they have been together for about 12 years and he said something to me that amazed me he said he was sorry for the way he acted and that he made a big mistake he doesn't go a day without realizing what a mistake he made and said I have never hit another woman.

I never for a minute regretted marrying Mike I never regretted breaking off the previous engagement if I could go back and tell myself something it would be to be aware of this guy as I look back on it it was not a good relationship and it was not a relationship that I should have been in.

He asked if I had a good life and I answered besides the few bumps we have had this year yes I love my life even the bumps has taught me lessons. It was nice talking with him and he did ask if me and Mike would join him and his girlfriend for dinner sometime and I said no not really I want the past to stay in the past I am not the same person I was back then and truthfully he is not someone that I see myself being friends with. But its nice to know that I opened his eyes and its nice to know that I stopped someone from abusing women by stopping it from happening to me.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend

2 comments:

  1. Nice to know that, indeed. So often things happen, and we never know how the other person turned out. A good day for putting the past away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to know I have often wondered about him.

    ReplyDelete