Sunday, July 5, 2009

Almost a new member to the family

My phone rang the other night and it was my friend we have been friends since the 5th grade and that is where he got Buford from. She knows that we love animals her friends dad died and left behind a 5 year old cocker spaniel. He came with food,collar,leash,dog house. bowls.

We almost said yes infact we did then I remember the 6 non dogs that live here so I asked her does he like cats and she said let me find out. She called back and said he likes cats for lunch. So I told her we had to decline although I was sorry.

I told Mike I want a small dog smaller then Buford we are not good canidates for rescue groups though cause of Pepper and the kids. But then the Inn is kind of full I keep telling J I am willing to trade him and Pepper (no not really but let him think that).

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Well, it is probably not meant to be, right? Poor thing. I hope they find a good home for him. I have a friend here who would take him in a heartbeat. There should be a rescue group in your area that will place him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend has him right now cause her friend couldnt keep him and they are trying to reduce how many homes he has is very picky about people and animals she gives away. I would have loved to take him but I cant have a dog eating the cats. I wish it would have worked out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the dog finds a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline- I am sure he will my friend will make sure of it.

    ReplyDelete