Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Health Care

I dont like living in a world of what ifs. What if Mike doesnt like driving trucks, what if I dont like him being gone all the time. If you live in a world of what ifs your afraid to try because of the what if theory. But I am stuck in the world of what if. Let me explain.

I admit I am a news junkie I like to be informed I like to know what is going on nationally and locally and state wise and in the news right now is health care and the fact that millions of people are without health care and people especially republicans (which I am but am giving it up for lent) dont see what the problem is with that fact. I have a big problem with it as a family we are fornute that we have health coverage but I remember a time that we had to cut back our grocery list cause Mikes medicine co pay is 75 dollars a month or he would cut his pills in half.

My world of what ifs started a couple months ago we all knew my mil was not feeling well but she just put it off as a virus that would pass in a couple days and would not go to the dr cause it was so expensive and she had NO health care zip none although her Dr is a kind and caring indivual and said not to worry about the money pay us when you get it. My mil did not like owing people. So she didnt go then she got really sick and still wouldnt go till my fil said you have to go and when she went it was to late the damage was already started.

I have to wonder what if she had gone to the dr or the er earlier would she still be here or was her time to go I dont know. I wish I had a bigger following here I want everyone to be involved write to your local senator, congressman or congresswoman let them know about this issue its to important to leave to other people.

And when you say its not an important issue to your family leave a comment and I will share with you our story of camping out at the hospital the kids loosing a grammy they loved and adored or Me loosing a mil that I loved and adored or her husband who mourns for her or her sons that cant understand how this happened to her so fast.I pray everyday that no one looses a family member cause they didnt have health insurance. I pray everyday that I will leave the world of what ifs ( I am working on this).

And could someone please tell Mr Lim*baugh to shut his big fat mouth Bill O*reilly also.

Thank you for listening to me.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, you need to work on letting the "what ifs" go. It only makes you crazy. And rest assured that I am one of those nattering constituents that (hopefully) drives my congressmen nutz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a work in progress and am learning to leave the what ifs behind. I hope everyone drives there elected officals nuts national,state,local. We cant expect change in goverment if we dont make our voices heard.

    ReplyDelete