Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Changes are a coming

I am not one that likes changes but I will do them these last two months have been chalk full of changes the biggest was loosing mom. The second big change was Mike loosing his job or being laid off.

More changes are coming Mike going back to school and being over the road me home with two teens who may or may not survive we shall see. I had a drs appt today to talk about a couple things and I have a kidney infection I asked about anti depressives he said no not right now lets give it another month or two. He did suggest a better pain control plan which I agree with I have an appt with a pain mangament dr and we are (well me) is going to get an epidural and see how it works if it doesnt then we will explore other options.

In talking to my dr about all the changes he asked how I felt about Mike going over the road and I told him that I was worried about my sanity and the health of the two above mentioned teens and not having a driver in the house. Which he asked me you dont drive? I said no and he said why not and I answered that the dr before him wouldnt sign the physical form he felt I was not a good idea because of the MD.

I never questioned it well it turns out that the former dr was mistaken and if my legs dont react fast enough then he will sign a form for hand controls.

So guess who is studying a drivers ed manual. Me Me Me I am so excited although I dont think I want to drive in the winters we have. And I probably wont but I am so very excited.

Blood pressure is back down almost in the normal range from the stress of the last two months which he was happy with.

And the princess is back from camp but is spending the night at her friends cause her friend is moving away and they wont be able to see each other as much.

I say bring on the changes it will work out no matter what it seems like in that moment I am learning this. I am learning its okay to cry and mourn a loved one and I probably will but I have learned in the end it will be okay. that doesnt mean I am ruling out the anti depressives will probably need them and a straight jacket when Mike travels. Good lord help me.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you didn't drive!! Good, I'm glad this doc caught that. With Mike on the road, you need to be able to drive, at least for getting groceries and in case of an emergency. Good luck with that. When will you get the hand controls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to try it without the hand controls first but if I cant drive normally then the hand controls will be added.

    ReplyDelete