Saturday, July 11, 2009

A step in healing

Some of you know and some of you dont know this about me but I love to sew. I have even made a top to a quilt and I have several outfits in my closet that I have made in high school and different points in my life.

I can change a needle in a sewing machine I can use the proper tools tightening the needle the pressor foot fell off and S is like okay now you broke it I said nope and reattached it. She was amazed (its good when you can still amaze a pre teen).

This hobby was also enjoyed by my mom in law and we worked together on different projects I still have a couple that we were working on before I broke my foot. Because of the great foot break of 2009 they were put on the back burner and then she got sick and left us. And I havent sewn since and really didnt want to I figured it would be hard.

Well my waterbed sheet was ripped almost up the middle (stupid sheets) and they are quite expensive so I told Mike I can fix this and he just looked at me and rolled his eyes. Well with the great bed leak of 2009 the sheet was washed and dried and Mike says okay I want to see you fix this. After I repaired the broken needle and rewound the bobbin I fixed the sheet and I enjoyed it so much that I will resume working on some of the projects I have in my basket waiting although it will be a little sadder without her it will be great to get back to something that I dearly love.

Watch for some up coming projects.

2 comments:

  1. It will be good for you to resume something you like, and why not do something to honor her memory? Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about that today. I think I will I am not sure what though I would like to do a memory quilt but I am not sure how to approach my father in law about getting some of her old clothes yet.

    ReplyDelete