Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bread

My bread paddle has not been found or returned (sigh) so my husband told me a tale of women making bread without a bread machine I said no way and he said yes way.

So me and the princess set out to prove him wrong that there was no truth to his tale a trip to the grocery store to retrieve flour we set our plan in motion measured everything mixed it into a ball of dough thinking this isnt going to work.

Electric went out for about 45 minutes and I asked Mike what are we going to do now no oven to bake the bread if it raises. He in his calmness said dont worry it will be back on and you will see my tale is true.

The blob of dough raised once and me and the princess kneaded it back down to a respectful size and we shook our heads and said that was a fluke it wont raise again. It raised again at this point I am thinking this tale was true and you can make bread without a bread machine.

So the massive size of dough was divided into halfs and cooked it smells yummy and looks so good. I think maybe someone owes her husband an apology.

Can I add its easier in the bread machine so I shouldnt apologize too much right?

2 comments: