Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Excitement in the Neighborhood

I was up all night sick and Mike got up at 9 and asked if I was getting up and I said no but I needed to be up soon though cause I had an appt over the phone.

I heard the fire alarm around 12 and heard J say house fire and he had to go. I didnt think anymore about it then Mike came rushing upstairs into our room and said do you have the neighbors cell number and I said no why and he said their house is on fire and left I get out of bed collect various cats and the beagle that was beside me and shut the bedroom door rush downstairs run outside to see our small towns fire dept call out orders as smoke is rolling out of their house.

Did I mention I am in my nightshirt. They are asking Mike if he knew if they were home or not if there was anyone in the house ( they werent) and they didnt have their grandkids. I ran back inside showered grabbed the phone and headed outside. Watching J and the guys work has never made me feel safer .

The fire was ruled electrical and the house is probably a total loss I did not take any pictures and will not be taking pictures I think that is rude and the police kept people from gawking and taking pictures also. But after the F.D.'s left there was almost 3 accidents from people gawking and driving. A total of 4 fire depts responded and I helped our other neighbor hand bottled water to fire fighters that had to be rotated out.

Please remember my neighbors in your prayers as her husband has been laid off since NOV. And support your local volunteer fire depts it could be your house they are saving.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor's loss. That is really too bad. I'm glad no one was home to be hurt, but the loss of home is horrible, too. Yes, I'll remember them in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes as its horrible to loose ones home Everyone is glad the neighbors are safe and the firefighters are safe also.

    ReplyDelete