Monday, June 22, 2009

Pepper, fathers

Day one of J being gone and Pepper is still alive and Mike has been taking her out and stopping her from going after the stray cats maybe we can get her out of that habit.

Second yesterday was fathers day and I didnt post about fathers day my dad died at the age of 55 when he died I was 8. He was such a great dad from what I remember I always thought when I married I wasnt going to get that close to my father in law cause I thought it would be disrespectful of my dad. For a couple years in our marriage I stayed true to that belief then I got to thinking here is my second chance of having a dad and I have grown even more fond of my father in law watching him fight for my mom in law.

We spent part of the day yesterdaywith dad and it was emotional for us all his uncle found a picture of mom and dad when they were first married and it just bought back a flood of memorys for him. It was the sadness in his eyes that made the rest of us emotional. He is a great person and is a great dad to us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have such a kind FIL to fill some of the gap.

    OK, J is gone, Pepper is alive .... but is S alive???

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes S is still alive and she is not very happy with us right now but it will pass

    ReplyDelete