Monday, June 8, 2009

One Month

Tomorrow will be one month since Mom left us. I have learned some life lessons I dont know if they are good or bad I could have lived without knowing I do know this for sure I miss her terribly.

1. In my world there is no more innocence of a simple illness I hope this will go away with time. (I dont think people will die from a simple cold though).

2. I love my father in law more then I knew watching him take care of my mil and sit there for hours praying and telling her all the good things that they had really touched me and I see him in a whole new light. For me that is big cause I lost my dad at 8 and always held fil at a distance cause I didnt want to experience that hurt again.

3. Its okay to let the nurses know what a loved one needs without being bitchy or them being bitchy at us they never told us they were to busy and always made her their priority.

4. Everyone needs a living will and talk to your family and make it know what your wishes are this includes organ donation.

5. Ask questions to the drs and nurses dont take for granted they know what they are doing ask and if you dont understand ask again.

6. Its okay to let your love one die with diginty and its not ask scary as I thought.

7. I am a lot stronger then I gave myself credit for. My husband and his brothers are a lot stronger then I gave them credit for.

8. Its okay to cry cry at the hospital cry anywhere my favorite place was the shower.

9. Funeral home directors are very understanding when you borrow a folding chair to prop a broken foot in a huge walking boot. Also they make dress pants that fit over above mentioned huge walking boot.

10. Life is precious we need to enjoy every little flower every little moment. Cherish the ones you love. ( yes this includes my mom I am trying).

11. Its okay to be angry with God but let it go.

12. Its okay to admit that your sad

13. I can function on 2 or 3 hours sleep and make wise decisions.

14. Friends (Caroline, Lyn just to mention a few) offered prayers without knowing what a wonderful person she was and for that I thank them and want to let them know that touched me more then anything at the time.

There are a ton more lessons I have learned but I have rambled on enough I will cherish the memorys and the love she offered for the short 17 years that I knew her.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps 17 years is how much you needed. It's hard for us to know what His plan is. I'm glad you are processing this. And you're doing an amazing job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for thinking I am doing an amazing job some days it doesnt feel like it. I would have liked more time but he is in control so we get what he gives to us

    ReplyDelete