Thursday, June 11, 2009

I dont know

Well its offical Mike is laid off. I dont know how I feel about this I want to scream to the Gods havent we had enough taking mom was bad enough. But on the other hand this may be a great chance for Mike to get better training which he is going to do.

I am trying to stay postive it doesnt do any good to be all sad and depressed although its not hard to do and if I find myself headed down that road I wont hesitate to call my doctor.

For now the house is protected and our mortage company and our lawyer and bankrupcty people are very willing to work with us. Because we made all of our payments faithfully the last time there will be no problems this time. Mike has 3 months of unemployment left and will be eligble for more cause of the training.

Our foodstamps will go up and I still dont feel bad about using them and my SSI will be there so right now we are covered but it seems like we just keep getting slammed with bad news. That needs to change and soon.

It could be worse we could have no income but I have to say this economy needs to start picking up. The other scary thing is Mike says he is not going back to his old job he is frustrated being laid off and then called back then laid off again and I totally support him and understand but he made good money there I see that as hard to walk away from. We will have good medical insurance till July 1st and maybe eligble for the reduced Cobra payment if he meets all criteria the lady couldnt take our word that the lay off was involuntary but whatever.

I am going to take a nap. Its been a long day with major grocery shopping done.

4 comments:

  1. You shouldn't feel bad about using foodstamps or any other support. These are hard times for anyone, but you are in a particularly bad situation because you can't go out and get a job. We all need to do what we must to get by, and I like that Mike is trying to better his possibilities for the future. That's a good thing, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People look at you funny sometimes at the grocerystore. Mike is happy with the possibility of training he has been going back and forth on what he wants to take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with what Lyinlu said...do not feel bad for using food stamps or any other services you qualify for. You paid into those services for so many years.

    Will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Caroline It is nice to have the services its a load off my mind not to have to worry about groceries and all that

    ReplyDelete