Monday, March 9, 2009

A headline in my local paper

BoldThere was a local story in one of my newspapers that caught my attention and I mention this for two reasons. It was a man who beat his girlfriend with a pipe and threatned to kill her and her two children. First I thought how sad it was for the kids I was talking to my brother and this was near my moms house so bubba and I were talking about this.

Bubba said the guy called and wanted the girlfriend to bail him out I thought that guy has a lot of nerve. Second I didnt have any flashbacks. It amazed me I have healed and for that fact I am glad that is a hard burden to carry. Am I still sensitive to the issue yes does my heart go out to these women and kids who find themselves in this situation you bet. Can I forgive my mom for putting us throught that life maybe.

But I will still be guarded with my children cause she is still friends with the guy that was her abuser. And the little girl in me has realized that my mom will always put my mom first and there is nothing I can do to change that and I have to accept that fact. Life is good when the lessons are finally learned. Hope yall have a good day


2 comments:

  1. Accepting what won't change is often difficult.If you can, however, you will really grow stronger. Good luck on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I am trying very hard and its working.

    ReplyDelete