Thursday, March 12, 2009

Todays Mail

In todays mail there was a package for me from my friend Janna who I did a post on. She sent me various lotions and a skirt for S and a frog. I love the frog it is so cute and cuddly. But I dont collect them I should cause with my name redfrog people think I love frogs well they are kind of cute but not all that cuddly. I do collect caurosels.

I have a curio cabinet, china cabinet and a hutch full of them. I love them when I was little and wanted to escape it would always included carousels infact I have one in my bedroom that says always believe in your dreams. I have several plates and a clock and shelves that are carousels.

The other thing I am going to talk about is J and his summer plans he signed up for camp cadet and they sent us the application and medical stuff the cost is 110 dollars. Mike said we really cant afford that then he said but really the question is can we really not afford to send him meaning the money would be well spent. J has made it known if he doesnt join the military then he is going to college for criminal justice and becoming a police officer. So I think we will spend money to send him to this.

That is all I have for today

2 comments:

  1. If you tuck away just a few dollars each week or month, hopefully you won't miss it. Also .... can J do some work for neighbors or friends to earn part of it? My son once thought I was mean because he had to earn part of his $$ while in college. I had no choice, because I couldn't afford all of it. But in the end, he thanked me for making him do that because, as he put it, he felt "ownership" in his degree. And my daughter raised her own $$ for cheerleading trips, saying the same thing her brother did. She was proud that she had paid for over half her expenses. And, BTW, one trip was to cheer at the college All-Stars game in Hawaii! She earned some of it babysitting and sweeping/cleaning up at the end of the work day at a small neighborhood store. It's worth a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an excellent idea. I will tell him if he comes up with half then we will come up with the other half. I am hoping either Mike gets called back or our housepayment goes down so stuff like this doesnt affect our budget like this cost could have

    ReplyDelete